Tuesday 17 January 2012

A little part of my world...


A photo every day from my back door looking west

On the kibbutz there is a small zoo it was started as a small farm where the children of the kibbutz could be taught how to look after animals and a vegetable garden. Now the zoo is part sanctuary for wild animals that have been injured and either are now convalescing to be returned to the wild or the zoo becomes their permanent home .It is also part petting and farm zoo where the playschools goto play and learn about the animals.
Here are a few of the animals there are many more.



It was very muddy after all the rain and it is still raining today .

3 comments:

  1. What a sweet little zoo! I wish I lived closer to a zoo. The nearest is Calgary that is 5 hours away. I would go every day if I could.

    Hope you are having a happy week Cathy!
    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great that these animals are taken care of!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's an interesting collection of animals. It's good for children to learn about and care for animals.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a few words, I love to know what youre thinking.