Thursday 12 May 2011

It is raining this is unusual for the time of year

Today in the play group we made whole flour pancakes no pictures because I forgot my camera but believe me they were tasty the children ate them without syrup here is the recipe

2 cups of flour (whole meal or unbleached white)
11/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/3cup of sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
21/4 cups of milk
2 eggs

Sift together flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs and 2 cups of milk; add to flour mixture, stirring only until smooth. Blend in melted butter. If the batter seems too thick to pour, add a little more milk. Cook on a hot, greased griddle, using about 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake today I used a large spoon for each pancake. Cook until bubbly, a little dry around the edges, and lightly browned on the bottom; turn and brown the other side.


3 comments:

  1. I love the pictures of the dog and cat, so much so that I called my husband to take a look.
    It put my husband in his place a bit as he maintains that we can't have a dog as we have 5 cats.......these pictures have given him food for thought.......lol
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pancakes is one of my all time favorite foods :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww they are so cute together, best friends!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a few words, I love to know what youre thinking.